At RudderStack, we are redefining enterprise-scale data collection and routing. We are building a customer data platform (CDP) on the customer's own data warehouse. Our open-source, developer-first approach is the first of its kind. We understand the outsized impact customer data has on businesses, and we understand the challenges and pain points. We are looking to solve the customer data management problem in enterprises, once and for all, in a secure, compliant and cost-effective way.
RudderStack collects data from 30+ sources, can transform events on the fly, and routes to 150 different marketing, sales, product, analytics applications all with one snippet of code.
We’re backed by Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 and have raised a total of $82 million in funding. Our customers include Stripe, Crate + Barrel, Acorns, Hinge, and Priceline. We process critical customer data for some top companies around the world, and are looking for ambitious individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced full stack engineers to join our team. The ideal candidates will have experience working with large-scale applications and a track record of producing great output. You must care deeply not only about the quality of your and the team's code, but also the customer experience. We have growing full stack needs, so we’re looking for highly motivated individuals that are excited to join a team and work with product and content owners, designers, and other software engineers to build and scale services at RudderStack.
*Our roles are remote first, and can be based anywhere in the US (#LI-Remote).
Here are examples of things we've worked on:
- Micro frontend Architecture
- A central control plane that serves over 1000+ open-source data planes across the globe, and serves billions of config requests every month
- Code Editors to handle transformations
- SQL Editor for warehouse
- Centralized API gateway for internal microservices
- Optimizing TS code to reduce production startup time from 4 mins to 20 sec with Webpack
- Tools you would use day to day:
- Secure coding practices that are SOC-2 compliant
How we achieve results:
- Empathy, for the problems encountered by our customers.
- Collaboration with product, design and other engineering teams to achieve results.
- Care deeply not only about the quality of your and the team's code, but also the customer experience
- Curiosity and understanding, for investigating causes and finding effective solutions.
- Output driven to provide value to our customers in a significant, measurable, and positive way.
- Focus on writing testable, performant, bug-free code to provide the right solutions to the problems.
What you'll do:
- Ownership of product/feature end-to-end for all phases from the development to the production
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, testable, and documented source code
- Build scalable software systems
- Review code work for accuracy and functionality.
- Interact with product managers and convert their vision into technical solutions
- Lead and mentor other talented engineers
- Collaborate with other engineering leads and guide the team on software engineering best practices
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 6+ years of software development experience
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required
- Strong knowledge of Data Structures, Algorithms, and CS fundamentals
- Strong coding and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of ReactJS, NodeJS with typescript
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture is a plus
- Experience working on the AWS, Azure or Google Cloud compute technologies
- Experience in Golang is preferred
The RudderStack Way:
You get a chance to work on challenging problems alongside amazing people as we scale RudderStack. We are meaningful and thoughtful about our hiring, and want to build great teams together. We expect everyone to be deeply involved with hiring, so you have a hand in helping build the team. We have a global mindset, and want to bring on the best talent regardless of location. The company is still in the early stages, and you will get to see the complete lifecycle of a startup, from getting the initial customers to raising funding rounds, and beyond. Those who thrive in this sort of dynamic environment will experience extraordinary career growth.
Our benefits include, comprehensive health insurance, work from home office setup reimbursements, learning stipends, "take as you need" vacation policy, flexible work hours, remote first culture, team lunches, events and more!
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.