At RudderStack, we are redefining enterprise-scale data collection and routing. We are building a customer data platform (CDP) on the customer's own data warehouse. Our open-source, developer-first approach is the first of its kind. We understand the outsized impact customer data has on businesses, and we understand the challenges and pain points. We are looking to solve the customer data management problem in enterprises, once and for all, in a secure, compliant and cost-effective way.
RudderStack collects data from 30+ sources, can transform events on the fly, and routes to 150 different marketing, sales, product, analytics applications all with one snippet of code.
We’re backed by Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 and have raised a total of $82 million in funding. Our customers include Stripe, Crate + Barrel, Acorns, Hinge, and Priceline. We process critical customer data for some top companies around the world, and are looking for ambitious individuals to join our team and help shape the future of our product.
About the Role:
We’re looking to build our Sales Development team by hiring a BDR who is smart, driven and dedicated to help us build and scale our revenue engine. Your main focus will be to generate and qualify leads for our Account Executives. You will be a key driver in helping our team reach its revenue goals and in the process learn about software in the data vertical as well as how we help engineering teams with Rudderstack’s products. We’re an early stage company so the BDR needs to be scrappy and comfortable with ambiguity. This also means you will have a massive impact on the trajectory of the company.
We offer competitive compensation / OTE.
*Our roles are remote first, and can be based anywhere in the US (#LI-Remote).
What you'll do:
- Drive Rudderstack’s revenue growth by building a pipeline of leads using outreach emails and phone calls with a focus on setting appointments for the sales team
- Research contact information for prospects and creatively identify the best ways to develop a relationship and sell Rudderstack’s products
- Cultivate and qualify new leads that turn into quality appointments
- Use in depth selling knowledge to educate prospects on Rudderstack’s solutions
- Work closely with Sales Managers, Account Executives, and Marketing on various projects that are supporting the entire sales team
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Graduate of a four year college with a strong academic background
- At least 6 months of professional experience
- Computer literacy; proficient in MS Office Applications, Excel, Google Apps
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in sales or cold calling is a bonus
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce.com is a bonus
- You’re innately curious to learn ‘why’ and ‘how’ and are a self-starter who likes to get their hands on new problems
- The sophistication to navigate an enterprise sales process combined with the urgency required to hit quarterly activation targets
- Unquestioned ethics and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, for your co-workers, and for the company
The RudderStack Way:
You get a chance to work on challenging problems alongside amazing people as we scale RudderStack. We are meaningful and thoughtful about our hiring, and want to build great teams together. We expect everyone to be deeply involved with hiring, so you have a hand in helping build the team. We have a global mindset, and want to bring on the best talent regardless of location. The company is still in the early stages, and you will get to see the complete lifecycle of a startup, from getting the initial customers to raising funding rounds, and beyond. Those who thrive in this sort of dynamic environment will experience extraordinary career growth.
Our benefits include, comprehensive health insurance, work from home office setup reimbursements, learning stipends, "take as you need" vacation policy, flexible work hours, remote first culture, team lunches, events and more!
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.