About Team & About Role:
The Polaris GPS team is responsible for transforming the complexity that is hybrid cloud data management (backup, recovery, archival, replication) into a modern SaaS product experience.
The GPS team is responsible for the following areas:
- Backup & Recovery Product Experience. This is a full-stack team building out the product layer of the heart of our product: backup & recovery. The challenges include standardizing workflows across different data types, enabling teams to build new data protection solutions, and accelerating merging our on-premise management solution to the hybrid cloud platform.
- Core Product Experience. This is a full-stack team building out a class of products that make our customers love using the platform, such as global search, self-help, user onboarding, try & buy, notifications, among other improvements.
- Front-end Feature Experts. This is a front-end specialist team focusing on accelerating new product development on Polaris by partnering with other feature teams for 6-9 months and helping them bring new products to the market.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer that can act as a product engineer and drive features end-to-end.
This role involves working across multiple product lines and feature teams, using primarily Typescript, GraphQL, React, gRPC, Golang.
What You’ll Do:
- Delivering features end to end, including but not limited to iteration with design, scoping out features, building out API, UI, testing, and supportability
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end and API systems that drive complex web applications
- You will Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing APIs and products
- You will identify and solve bottlenecks within the software stack.
Experience You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Familiarity with developing REST or GraphQL endpoints
- Familiarity with web stack, including protocols, web server optimization techniques and API query language like GraphQL
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Go, Python, Scala, C/C++.
- Experience developing user-facing software.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as React.
- Familiarity with whole web stack, including protocols, web server optimization techniques and API query language like GraphQL
- Experience with Golang a plus
Pursuant to Colorado regulations, if this job is performed in Colorado, the minimum annual salary is $126,000, plus bonus potential, equity and benefits.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.