As a member of the Engineering Platform and Developer Productivity team at Rubrik, you will be focused on solving challenging frameworks, scalability & stability problems that will enable the company to deliver a product at high-scale without compromising on quality, velocity, and coding standards. Rubrik positions you with a unique opportunity to innovate as we scale our organization to support a rapidly increasing customer base and engineering organization. As our products add more features and functionalities to the portfolio, you will be provided with more unique and diverse problems that require innovation that will help in accelerating your career.
An ideal candidate for this role will have interest, background, and experience in DevOps, infrastructure as code, build automation, tooling and release engineering. The candidate is passionate about providing world class customer service with a sharp focus on automating, deploying and managing a reliable, robust, high quality software CI/CD pipeline infrastructure and their associated services. The successful candidate should have experience working on large scale software development within complex multi-platform environments and in-depth knowledge with infrastructure as code, build and release automation, tooling and services (Jenkins, Artifactory, Git) & latest container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker). He/she demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills across project and functional teams. Collaboration, creativity, availability are important traits required to succeed in this role.
- Identify gaps and areas to improve in the CI/CD and release infrastructure and services that are the bedrock of the entire engineering platform organization, plan and automate existing build and release infrastructure to ensure efficiency, scalability and product release velocity.
- Use technical analysis and metrics to assess the scalability, reliability and maturity of the engineering infrastructure, and provide recommendations to automate, monitor and improve engineering infrastructure.
- Provide timely, world class operational support for requests from all stakeholders including; software development, testing. Typical requests would cover; CI/CD pipeline frameworks and systems, branching, Docker, Artifactory, build systems and testing across multiple platform environments.
- Drive improvements of tools used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics, and release management.
- Identify issues, collaborate with stakeholders on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Analyze, adapt, and evangelize CI/CD pipelines and release processes to support various product lines.
- BS/BE degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid coding and automation experience in: Python, and/or C, C++, bash, Django/Flask, REST services, etc.
- Experience with container and cloud technology – Docker, Kubernetes or UCP, AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience in managing the CI/CD lifecycle in a cloud and on-prem environment, familiar with Infrastructure as Code, deployment and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Excellent project management, follow up and communication skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare, and some experience with Linux and Windows administration
- Experience with version control and build and artifacts management tools, e.g. Git, Perforce, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory.
- Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various Unix flavors.
- Adept at working with teams of highly talented individuals
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.