Founded in 2014 by engineers from Google, Facebook and Oracle, Rubrik has created a cloud data management platform that’s transforming how company’s backup, restore, search, analyze and manage data both on-prem and in the cloud. Blending expertise from consumer and enterprise worlds, we’ve introduced a new, simple approach to the $48 billion legacy data backup and recovery market -- a space that hasn’t seen innovation in 20+ years. This is the reason we have been recognized as a 2019 LinkedIn Top Company and Forbes Cloud 100 Company and LinkedIn Top Startup three years in a row.
Rubrik is seeking a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, who will be responsible for limiting the attack surface of our cloud-deployed applications and services to protect Rubrik brand, customers and shareholders from cyber threats. The successful candidate will be technically savvy, customer-oriented, results-driven and passionate about security.
Where can you make an impact?
In this role, you will build innovative ways to deliver frictionless security capabilities while partnering with all parts of the business to integrate security technologies that are architected for scale. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who can develop creative solutions to enhance security posture of the organization.
- Work with engineering teams and architecture to develop secure solutions to reduce attack surface
- Define policies across the organization for deployments within hybrid cloud environments
- Work with development teams, operations, governance, and other stakeholders to draft security standards for cloud services and implement monitoring to adhere to those standards
- Integrate security tools in the CI/CD process and work with development teams to mitigate findings
- Support incident responders in analyzing applicable threats, vulnerabilities, controls and residual risks
- Analyze and harden existing infrastructure, automation, and deployment processes
- Bachelor’s degree required; BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 4+ years’ experience in cloud security, with proven experience in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Broad knowledge of application and cloud attack vectors and exploits
- Subject matter expertise in IAM and authentication / authorization
- Experience with deploying and securing SaaS applications and cloud environments at scale
- Working experience with CI/CD pipeline, containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc) and microservices
- Knowledge of network administration and understanding of all layers of the OSI model
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Subject matter expertise in authentication and authorization schemes such as OAuth, OIDC, PKI, and SAML
- Penetration testing/ethical hacking/vulnerability management experience
- Relevant Security certifications such as CISSP, CCSP and CEH
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.