RubiconMD is your virtual front door to specialty care: our online consultation solutions remove barriers to specialty expertise by rapidly connecting primary care clinicians to board-certified specialists. We democratize medical expertise so that clinicians can offer every patient the care they deserve.
We’re an eclectic group of mission-driven innovators, working together to make healthcare more accessible, for everyone. If you want your talent to be fully exercised and your efforts recognized, we’re the right place for you. Growth happens here.
As Senior Product Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. You’ll collaborate with your design partners and engineering to leverage and evolve the RubiconMD design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that medical professionals love to use.
- Influence stakeholders across functions to gain support for design strategies
- Drive the development of innovative design solutions to user, product, and business problems
- Drive a holistic design process, design system, or design language across teams or products
- Drive design solutions based on user insights, business needs, and industry trends that further business outcomes
- Provide direction to UX designers in creating design concepts for product ideation and/or user research/testing
- Share and articulate your informed design decisions with team members and stakeholders
- User-centric mindset
- Communication, collaboration, and teamwork
- Problem-solving via design thinking framework
- Attention to detail
- Creative and analytical approach to design
- Interest in mentorship/people management
Required experience, skills & attributes:
- 7+ years’ experience working as a product, UX, UI or interface designer
- Experience with platform design or ownership of design systems
- Can demonstrate understanding of product design processes from discovery to delivery, with artifacts showcasing information architecture, user experience, and interaction design
- Understanding of product design systems thinking and interaction patterns
- Proficiency with industry standard design tools: Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, etc.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience in healthtech or healthcare a plus
The target salary range for this position is $140,000-150,000 and we anticipate that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be determined by the candidate’s unique combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience. This role is also eligible for employee benefits and other compensation.
Our Hiring Philosophy
RubiconMD’s founding mission is to democratize medical expertise, so that all patient populations have access to the care they need. In order to deliver on this, we focus on empowering primary care providers, who we believe are the key to a thriving, equitable health care system. It’s no small order, but we can achieve it with the right team. That’s why we hire people with drive and leadership, who are also highly accountable—to each other, to the providers we serve, and to the impact we exist to make.
RubiconMD is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against persons of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, age, disability, and genetics.
**COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment unless there is a legally protected reason for an accommodation.