We are looking for a proactive, driven, personable, and analytically-minded individual to build and lead our Account Management department in our New York City office. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in account management, a strong understanding of the US healthcare landscape, and is comfortable building and mentoring a team in a fast-moving environment. Your goals will include pioneering our Account Management department and driving growth through the development of relationships with our clients. You will manage the entire post-sales relationship of priority customers and be held responsible for the performance of the Account Management team. This is an exciting opportunity to have an impactful role as a leader in a fast-growing mission-driven organization.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Recruiting other members of the Account Management team; developing account management processes and best practices for the department to execute upon
- Mentoring, coaching, and providing guidance for other members of the Account Management team
- Driving the entire post-sales relationship with priority RubiconMD clients, including but not limited to: regular check-in meetings, supporting implementation (leveraging our existing team), analytics reporting, user engagement activities, billing, operations support, renewals and upsells, and joint publications/studies
- Growing the lifetime value of their customers through pilot conversions, renewals, and upsells (this role will be responsible for driving revenue to meet specified targets)
- Understanding, conveying, and meeting needs to maintain customer satisfaction – common clients will include customer project managers, CMOS and other clinical leadership, practice managers, etc.
- Collaborating as needed with leaders of other company functions, including Sales, Implementation, User Engagement, Operations, Analytics, Finance, Product, Legal, Operations, and Engineering
What success looks like:
This role is about building out a high-performing Account Management team from the ground up while managing and growing key accounts of your own. You will be a leader in the company charged with identifying, developing, codifying best practices for your department. Growing the lifetime value of clients to meet targets and pushing RubiconMD to be a valued partner to our clients will be major measures of success. You will have to thoughtfully balance and negotiate customer needs with RubiconMD’s own capabilities while working across multiple functions within the company. At the end of the day, the successful candidate will have created an Account Management department that consistently meets the needs of a satisfied and growing client base.
Desired skills and experience:
- 8 - 10+ years of account management experience, preference for majority of experience to be within the healthcare field. Experience/exposure to hospital systems or value-based primary care is a plus.
- Understanding of the typical needs and pain points of various healthcare clients (e.g. health plans, value-based clinics, hospital systems, etc.)
- Management experience, preferably through building out an account management team
- Experience driving towards specific revenue target or managing a book of business
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Detail-oriented executor with ability to see the big picture for both clients and RubiconMD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Previous experience working at a start-up or in an entrepreneurial environment
Our Hiring Philosophy
RubiconMD’s founding mission is to democratize medical expertise, so that all patient populations have access to the care they need. In order to deliver on this, we focus on empowering primary care providers, who we believe are the key to a thriving, equitable health care system. It’s no small order, but we can achieve it with the right team. That’s why we hire people with drive and leadership, who are also highly accountable—to each other, to the providers we serve, and to the impact we exist to make.
RubiconMD is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against persons of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, age, disability, and genetics.