We are looking for a proactive, driven, personable, and analytically-minded individual as one of our first Account Management hires in our New York City office. The ideal candidate has experience in account management, a strong understanding of the US healthcare landscape, and is comfortable in a fast-moving environment. Your goals will include helping to pioneer our Account Management department and driving company growth through the nurturing and development of relationships with our existing clients. You will be responsible for RubiconMD’s entire post-sales relationship with key customers, from maintaining regular contact and engagement to ensuring successful renewals to drive account growth. This is an exciting opportunity to have an impactful role in a fast-growing mission-driven organization.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Driving the entire post-sales relationship with priority RubiconMD clients, including but not limited to: regular check-in meetings, support implementation (leveraging our existing team), analytics reporting, user engagement activities, billing, operations support, renewals and upsells, and joint publications/studies
- Growing the lifetime value of their customers through pilot conversions, renewals, and upsells (this role will be responsible for driving revenue to meet specified targets)
- Understanding, conveying, and meeting needs to maintain customer satisfaction – common clients will include customer project managers, CMOS and other clinical leadership, practice managers, etc.
- Collaborating as needed across company functions, including Sales, Implementation, User Engagement, Operations, Analytics, Finance, Product, Legal, Operations, and Engineering
- Supporting the creation of RubiconMD’s account management process
- Expected travel up to 40%
What success looks like:
In this role, you will be a key part of our new Account Management team within RubiconMD. You will need to form deep relationships, gather information, and gain the trust of our key clients. The successful candidate will serve as a partner for his/her clients and be able to drive revenue growth through renewals and upsells by consistently meeting client needs while balancing demands with company capacity. You will also be expected to leverage your own experiences and best practices to help shape process and structure as the Account Management department is developed from the ground up.
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years of account management experience, preference for majority of experience to be within the healthcare field. Experience/exposure to hospital systems or value-based primary care is a plus.
- Understanding of the typical needs and pain points of various healthcare clients (e.g. health plans, value-based clinics, hospital systems, etc.)
- Experience driving towards specific revenue target or managing a book of business
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Detail-oriented executor with ability to see the big picture for both clients and RubiconMD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience with Salesforce would be a plus
- Previous experience working at a start-up or in an entrepreneurial environment would be a plus
Our Hiring Philosophy
RubiconMD’s founding mission is to democratize medical expertise, so that all patient populations have access to the care they need. In order to deliver on this, we focus on empowering primary care providers, who we believe are the key to a thriving, equitable health care system. It’s no small order, but we can achieve it with the right team. That’s why we hire people with drive and leadership, who are also highly accountable—to each other, to the providers we serve, and to the impact we exist to make.
RubiconMD is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against persons of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, age, disability, and genetics.