Senior Revenue Accountant
The Rubicon Accounting team is looking to hire a Senior Revenue Accountant based in Atlanta that will be an integral part of our growing team. The role is responsible for supporting the accounting operations and close process of the organization’s waste, recycling, and SaaS revenue segments. This will include quantifying and preparing gross revenue and contra-revenue accruals on a monthly basis, preparing a monthly estimate for expected revenue margin by business segment, and reconciling the actual revenue to the expectation. The Senior Revenue Accountant will play a key role in serving as business partner to the operations team by preparing and providing valuable feedback pertaining to intra-month business activity and orders created during the month. In addition, this role will play a critical part in evaluating the financial viability of financial deals by takin an active role in the commercial financing function.
Summary / General Description:
- Execution of monthly global revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with US GAAP
- Work cross functionally with Accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT, Tax and various business owners to develop scalable Order-to-Cash processes and drive new system initiatives and improvements
- Review current revenue recognition processes/procedures, and implement process improvements to improve efficiency and timeliness of the close and reporting
- Prepare month-end journal entries, reconciliations and supporting schedules related to Rubicon’s revenue segments
- Interface with Accounting and the Company’s independent public accounting firm on technical accounting matters
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and enhance documentation and financial controls as part of our SOX compliance efforts
- Partner with Rubicon’s FP&A team to investigate variances between actual results and forecasts, and assist in the budgeting process as needed
- Support annual audits performed by external auditors
- Prepares ad hoc analysis for management reporting
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; model and promote company culture and values.
- Passion for Rubicon. Strong interest in technology/knowledge of the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred, or on CPA track
- Two or more years of accounting experience
- Previous role(s) should include internal or external audit, GL accounting, and/or revenue accounting
- High level of accounting skills including GAAP and consolidating statements and accrual accounting
- Technical knowledge and practical knowledge of revenue recognition standards ASC 605 and ASC 606 a plus Strong analytical skills with high proficiency in Excel and exposure to FP&A
- Preferred knowledge of ASC 606 contracts with customers and impacts to SaaS accounting
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.