Rubicon Carbon is a next-generation carbon solutions provider. Led by a world-class management team, Rubicon is an innovative platform that channels capital to unlock at-scale decarbonization projects and delivers trusted, enterprise-grade solutions for carbon credit purchases. Rubicon strives to deliver greater scale, confidence, and innovation across all facets of the carbon market and meet the growing demand for end-to-end, high-integrity emissions reduction solutions.
In this role , you will report to the Head of Portfolio Management, and you will work closely and cross-functionally across the entire organization. You will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing market trends, and developing trade recommendations.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of and a passion for working in carbon markets, with experience working in carbon or commodity markets. The candidate has extensive experience with excel and financial modeling.
This is a remote position but candidates must be based within one hour of New York City, San Francisco, or Los Angeles.
- Analyze compliance and voluntary carbon markets to identify trends to gain deep understanding of the current and future carbon credits in our portfolio
- Make trade recommendations based on your knowledge of the industry, market trends, as well as regulatory changes
- Focus on research and deep dives into Corsia, understanding supply/demand balances, and a price outlook
- Build and maintain broker relationships
- Trade and execute trades with counterparties, including buying and selling carbon credits
- Analyze the portfolio and risk parameters
- Build detailed models using excel
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience, including experience in carbon markets and investment analysis
- Solid knowledge of trading and carbon markets, including fundamental drivers of price action
- Strong ability to set, prioritize, and achieve goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and inclusive teamwork skills
- Comfortability working with excel, specifically building financial models
- A passion around climate change and sustainability
The national market compensation range for this role is $100,000 to $250,000. Our approach to compensation consists of starting with market data +/- relevant experience. We take a holistic 'Total Rewards' approach to compensation (cash + long term incentive + excellent benefits package).