Rubicon Carbon is a next-generation carbon solutions provider. Led by a world-class management team, Rubicon is an innovative platform that channels capital to unlock at-scale decarbonization projects and delivers trusted, enterprise-grade solutions for carbon credit purchases. Rubicon strives to deliver greater scale, confidence, and innovation across all facets of the carbon market and meet the growing demand for end-to-end, high-integrity emissions reduction solutions.
Rubicon Carbon is looking for an experienced Senior Paralegal or Document Specialist with experience in the trading and commodities or banking industries. In this role you will work closely with the legal, product, and sales teams to ensure timely and favorable contract delivery for sales negotiations across the company. The successful candidate will have a strong background in ISDA documentation practices and procedures and will be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents, performing legal research, and managing document workflows.
This is a remote position but candidates must be based within one hour of New York City, Los Angeles, or San Francisco
- Review, draft, and negotiate various legal documents, including ISDA-like agreements, commodity purchase and sale agreements, NDAs, engagement letters and other trading related documentation
- Conduct legal research related to trading and commodities industry matters
- Work closely with attorneys, traders, and business personnel to manage document workflows and ensure timely completion of transactions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry developments related to trading and commodities
- Manage and organize document files and databases
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders regarding legal and business matters
- Support client onboarding processes including KYC and AML matters
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a paralegal or document specialist in the trading and commodities or banking industries
- Expertise in ISDA documentation practices and procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with Senior Leadership Teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Product Suite and document management systems
- A passion around climate change and sustainability
The national market salary range for this role is $85,000 to $150,000. Our approach to compensation consists of starting with market data +/- relevant experience. We take a holistic 'Total Rewards' approach to compensation (cash + long term incentive + excellent benefits package).