We are looking for applicants who are proficient in written English and Spanish. who have extensive experience in Spanish. A personal or professional interest in Microfinance or international development is also welcome!
You should be:
- Proficient and comfortable with written English
- Proficient and comfortable with written Spanish
- Able to learn and apply Kiva loan review policy, as outlined in our volunteer resources (required reading throughout the application process and beyond)
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Able to commit to at least 2 hours per week (i.e., about 20 loans per month) for a minimum of 6 months, though one year is preferable
- Responsive via email--including emails from Kiva Volunteer Coordinators and Kiva Team Leaders
- Comfortable with new technology
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- You will never be asked to decide whether someone qualifies for a loan. Every loan you will review has already been approved for credit. You will only check the information provided.
- The online platform Kiva volunteers use is not mobile or tablet-friendly, so volunteers must have access to a computer.
- You will sign a volunteer agreement that covers protecting the privacy of Kiva borrowers as well as a standard media release.
- If you have a Kiva.org lending account, you should apply for this position with the same email.
- If your qualifications and answers to the policy exercise make you a good candidate for the volunteer program, you will be asked to complete a Spanish translation exercise with instructions about Kiva’s unique translation style.
- Upon successfully completing the Spanish translation exercise, you will be invited to take the training via our loan review platform. The training can be done with flexibility for your schedule and can be completed in about four hours total.
- Upon successfully completing training, you can review and translate loans at your convenience. But, again, we ask that you review a minimum of 20 loans per month - or about 2 hours of review time per week.
AGAIN, PLEASE BE SURE TO APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR KIVA.ORG ACCOUNT
1. This application includes an initial policy exercise. We recommend finding time to fill out this entire application without distraction.
2. This page will time out after a significant period of inactivity, and your application will not be saved. You may consider copying, pasting, and saving your responses in another document.
IMPORTANT: We will be unable to account for your volunteer opportunity preference as our various languages have different onboarding timelines. We ask that you only sign up for the Review and Translation Program volunteer opportunity you prefer.