We are looking for applicants with a personal or professional interest in language, English grammar, Microfinance, and/or international development.
You should be:
- Proficient and comfortable with written English
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Respectful when communicating with others
- Able to commit to at least 2 hours per week (i.e., about 40 loans per month) for a minimum of 6 months, though one year is preferable
- Responsive via email--including emails from Kiva Volunteer Coordinators and Kiva Team Leaders
- Comfortable with new technology
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- The online platform Kiva volunteers use is not mobile or tablet-friendly, so volunteers must have access to a computer.
- You will sign a volunteer agreement that covers protecting the privacy of Kiva borrowers as well as a standard media release.
Please add your name to the waitlist below.
When applications open, we will be in touch with next steps.
- Full applications will contain a brief Kiva loan review policy assessment.
- Successful completion of the assessment will be followed by an editing test, which you can complete on your schedule.
- Successful completion of the editing test will be followed by a short volunteer training, again on your schedule.
- Upon completion of training, you will review and submit loans on your own. Please remember the 2-hour-per-week commitment.
IMPORTANT: If you are signed up for multiple volunteer waitlists, we will be unable to account for your preference as our various waitlists have different onboarding timelines. We ask that you please only sign up for the Review and Translation Program volunteer opportunity that you prefer.
If you have already signed up on this waitlist, and you are curious about the status of your application, please email email@example.com. Please do not sign up again, as this will not expedite your application.