The Automotive Industry is undergoing dramatic change with the advent of Autonomous Vehicles. The Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard is positioned to be the most important connectivity framework for this industry and will enable fully autonomous vehicle architectures. RTI is the leading vendor of DDS products and is driving disruption in this market with traditional OEMs and startup companies. In this role, you will have a direct impact on future automotive standards and architectures for Autonomous Cars.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Work with Services, Sales and Market Development to develop the Automotive market.
- Provide automotive subject matter expertise to other RTI departments
- Work with partners to expand RTI's ecosystem and raise awareness of our respective technologies. This includes developing proof-of-concept integrations.
- Actively participate in AUTOSAR (the automotive industry standards body) and other standards organizations to incorporate DDS in relevant specifications. AUTOSAR will comprise about 50% of the responsibilities for this role.
- Identify product requirements, opportunities and potential partners.
- Attend and present at industry tradeshows, seminars and conferences.
- Perform competitive analysis, including competitive benchmarks.
- Contribute to RTI's developer site, community portal and social media, including blogs and discussion forums.
- Create compelling demos for external and internal use
- Support RTI's sales efforts
- Develop sales and marketing tools including web content, data sheets, videos, presentations, white papers and contributed articles.
- Proficiency in Java, C++ and C
- Experience with DDS is an asset
- Experience developing software for Linux and/or real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as QNX, VxWorks and Integrity
- Fluency in German and English
- Familiarity with TCP/IP sockets or messaging protocols
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.