The Automotive Industry is undergoing dramatic change with the advent of Autonomous Vehicles. The Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard is positioned to be the most important connectivity framework for this industry and will enable fully autonomous vehicle architectures. RTI is the leading vendor of DDS products and is driving disruption in this market with traditional OEMs and startup companies. In this role, you will have a direct impact on future automotive standards and architectures for Autonomous Cars. You will also be a technical subject matter expert, both internally and for our partners. It is the perfect opportunity to leverage your background in coding into an exciting position learning and leading the developing world of autonomous vehicles. Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Actively participate in AUTOSAR (the automotive industry standards body) and other standards organizations to incorporate DDS in relevant specifications. AUTOSAR will comprise about 50% of the responsibilities for this role.
- Build a new ecosystem of top technologies by combining industry-leading products with RTI’s unique data-centric connectivity design.
- Explore how to best address markets like autonomous vehicles and robotics.
- Build working examples, prove advanced concepts, and develop demonstrations of ecosystem potential.
- Interact with RTI’s users around the world through our developer site, community portal, and discussion forums.
- Test RTI’s solutions against our competitors.
- Attend and present at industry tradeshows, seminars and conferences.
- Provide automotive subject matter expertise to other RTI departments
- Work with automotive industry partners to expand RTI's ecosystem and raise awareness of our respective technologies. This includes developing proof-of-concept integrations and demos.
- Develop sales and marketing tools including web content, data sheets, videos, presentations, white papers and contributed articles.
- Proficiency in Java, C++ and C
- Experience developing software for Linux, embedded systems, or real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as QNX, VxWorks and Integrity
- Familiarity with TCP/IP sockets or messaging protocols
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- German language skills are an asset
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.