RTI develops a secure connectivity SDK for the industrial internet of things (IIOT). Our SDK consists of a set of libraries, various infrastructure services which e.g., record and replay real-time data, integrate legacy protocols, or with databases, and a set of development and debugging tools. We build our software using professional development tools and processes. Our engineering processes are based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams. Like an agile method, we promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation, a leadership philosophy that encourages teamwork, self-organization and accountability, a set of engineering best practices that allow for delivery of high-quality software, and a business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals.
As the number of product and projects has grown, we are in need of a software project manager to complement the team.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Responsible for the success of RD projects. Lead planning, manage and control the execution of software development projects. These projects can range from small customer funded projects of 3 engineers, to the yearly release of our product line, with 10-15 engineers. The project teams are made up of engineers in both the US and Europe.
- Organize the project, create and maintain the schedule
- Organize the team and plan resources
- Identify, analyze and mitigate risk
- Track and communicate project progress
- Develop proposals for customer requested feature development and platform requests
- Manage project budgets and subcontractors
- Evolve our development processes and best practices
- Introduce the right project management and development tools to allow us to deliver software efficiently.
- Mentor team in best practices for planning and execution
- Respond to development process audit requests
- Working directly with the customer, account team, and internal management in the pre-proposal, proposal, execution, and post-delivery phases
We are looking for somebody with the following qualifications:
- 4+ years of project management experience of software projects -- proven ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously. You have a strong software engineering technical background. Ideally you have experience writing system software.
- You have great communication skills. You are a trusted project lead, who keeps customers, product management, executive management and the project team up to date on the status and progress.
- You are a natural leader, and are experienced at conflict resolution. You can adapt your style to different type of people. You are creative at team building and know how to coach the team throughout the different phases of the project.
- You have proven project management and organizational skills, including scheduling, time and risk management, resource prioritization, project structuring and meeting management.
- You are familiar using project management tools, such as Microsoft Project, Atlassian Jira, Portfolio.
- You understand various project management methodologies and know which may fit best for different type of projects and teams.
- You excel at simplifying complex problems to its core and distill the key requirements. You can drive the team towards a practical solution and executable plan, taking into account non-technical aspects, such as timelines and budget.
- You have experience interacting directly with the end-user / customer in all phases of the project, including proposal development, execution, and post-delivery.
- The ideal candidate is familiar with ISO, CMM or similar quality standards. You have experience developing and auditing processes to these quality standards.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering highly desirable.
- US Citizenship required *Due to applicable laws, government regulations and contract specifications, we are required to fill this position only with an individual who qualifies as a "U.S. Citizen."
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.