Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Field Application Engineer with a passion for helping customers solve complex technical problems? Are you interested in the opportunity to grow a customer base of innovative engineers and develop business in the booming Industrial IoT space? If you love to travel, work with customers, and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role!
RTI is seeking a Field Application Engineer that will help support the Mid-West territory. You will be working closely with the Account Manager in the region to help increase sales for our technical products. Our ideal candidate will have a mix of sales/network programming along with Embedded system experience.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Present RTI technology to executives, architects, and developers
- Convey RTI technology value to prospects
- Organize and execute detailed Proof-of-Concept engagements with prospects
- Build relevant and appealing software demos using RTI products
- Work closely with Account management to develop sales strategies
- Coordinate customer technical requirements with Product Management for continuing product evolution
- Participate in our developer community forum as an RTI expert
- Periodically create technical articles for publication showing RTI Technology and Business value
- BS or higher in technical field, MS preferred
- 5+ years in technical professional services or sales
- Industrial Automation Networking experience preferred
- C/C++/Java/.NET development expertise
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer training experience a plus
- Strong understanding of OS and network concepts (UDP, Multicast, etc.)
- Strong understanding of messaging systems
- Experience with high performance distributed systems a plus
- Embedded system experience is a strong plus
- Understanding and knowledge of JMS, AMQP, MQTT and Web Services is a strong plus
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without day-to-day direction
- A team player
- Please note pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.