Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Sr. Account Manager (AM) with a passion for bringing products to the market that truly make a positive impact in the world? Are you interested in the opportunity to grow a customer base of innovative engineers with interesting technical challenges?
RTI is looking for an experienced Sr. Account Manager to drive sales of our Connext DDS software and services to existing and new customers within the UK/Scandinavia territory. Our ideal candidate has experience selling high-end software solutions to product development teams. The AM will be responsible for developing new Aerospace and Defense business in this territory. We would like someone that has experience, expertise, and connections in A&D. As an integral member of the field sales team you will use your knowledge and experience in the defense market, excellent technical sales and support track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. You will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close, account management, and exceeding quota in this rapidly growing industry.
- In partnership with the Field Application Engineer, present and sell RTI software and engineering services to current and potential customers within the assigned territory
- Seek new business proactively in key industries through prospecting, cold calling, networking with partners and exhibiting at relevant trade events
- Plan, schedule meetings, and consult with customers onsite to understand their technical and business problems and challenges
- Work with RTI Engineering and Product & Markets staff to develop software solutions
- Communicate with decision makers and influencers
- Work with the Services team to onboard and integrate new customers and develop existing customer relationships
- Build trust-based professional relationships with key decision makers and be the primary point of contact
- Conduct all business discussions with the customer, including pricing, licensing and negotiations
- Drive customer retention, upsells, and customer satisfaction
- Work with Marketing to plan and conduct key events (seminars, lunch & learns) in the assigned territory
- Forecast and track key territory metrics
- Meet sales goals by closing business in the assigned territory
What we offer you:
- Flexible working schedule
- Remote working + Home Office Stipend to cover the costs of working from home + car allowance
- 25 Paid Vacation days and “Real Vacation Bonus”, an additional bonus for taking more than 1-week of uninterrupted vacation
How is life at RTI:
- We live and work by our core values, which emphasize excellence, teamwork, and reaching your potential. Our motto is “Enjoy the journey”, above all we must enjoy what we do and have fun at work.
- We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed
- We have been certified as a Great Place to Work for four consecutive years both in Spain and the US.
- We cultivate a fun environment and promote face to face interaction. We hold the Company Kick Off (CKO) once a year, a large event in which the company flies all employees to the Silicon Valley office for a week full of team building, employee recognition, and opportunities to simply enjoy colleagues. We have also implemented our "Team Weeks", these happen a few times a year and all members from related teams get together in one of our office locations, either in Spain or US (California or Colorado), for a week of face-to-face meetings, training, fun activities, lunches, conversations and shared experiences. At RTI, you will work in a positive, supportive, diverse environment with a team that truly cares about you.
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years selling high-end technology software solutions to R&D and engineering teams
- Enjoys prospecting and knows how to open new doors
- Strong hunting and prospecting skills
- Demonstrated ability to build solid relationships and attain trusted advisor level credibility
- Strong listening and communication skills to build rapport with prospects and current customers
- Excels working in a collaborative, team-based selling environment
- Experience developing new leads, lead follow-up, qualification and targeted account selling in person and by phone
- Uses tools like Salesforce.com to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Track record of meeting sales quota consistently success achieving or exceeding assigned quota
- BS or higher in engineering or computer science is preferred
- Experience selling to system integrators defense and government preferred
- Background in middleware or communication infrastructure is a plus
- Travel within the territory is required
- Demonstrated success using a consultative, solutions oriented sales approach
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and the best of post-pandemic work-life balance. We support unlimited work from home, fully remote location, in-office work, or any combination. We offer “team weeks” so you can grow to know your coworkers without missing out on growing your family. We even pay an extra bonus if you take uninterrupted vacations. RTI is certified Great Place to Work, is rated as one of the Healthiest Companies in the Bay Area, and is listed as one of the Best Companies for Women to Advance. At RTI, you work in a positive, supportive, diverse environment with a team that cares about you.
We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.