Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Software Engineer with a passion for helping customers solve complex technical problems? Are you interested in the opportunity to grow a customer base of innovative engineers and develop business in the booming Industrial IoT space? If you love to travel, work with customers, and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role!
RTI is seeking an Sales Engineer that will help support the Upper Mid Atlantic territory which consists of NY and NJ. You will be working closely with the Account Manager in the region to help increase sales for our technical products in the defense industry. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with customers, has networking experience, and knowledge of C++ / C.
Check this blog out that details what an Sales Engineer does!
- Present RTI technology to executives, architects, and developers
- Convey RTI technology value to prospects
- Organize and execute detailed Proof-of-Concept engagements with prospects
- Build relevant and appealing software demos using RTI products
- Work closely with Account management to develop sales strategies
- Coordinate customer technical requirements with Product Management for continuing product evolution
- Participate in our developer community forum as an RTI expert
- Periodically create technical articles for publication showing RTI Technology and Business value
What we offer you:
- Flexible working schedule
- Remote working + Home Office Stipend to cover the costs of working from home
- Private health and dental insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off + “Real Vacation Bonus”, an additional bonus for taking more than 1-week of uninterrupted vacation
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance + other prizes and awards
How is life at RTI:
- We live and work by our core values, which emphasize excellence, teamwork, and reaching your potential. Our motto is “Enjoy the journey”, above all we must enjoy what we do and have fun at work.
- We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed.
- We have been certified as a Great Place to Work for four consecutive years both in Spain and the US. In addition, we have been rated as one of the Healthiest Companies in the Bay Area, and listed as one of the Best Companies for Women to Advance.
- We cultivate a fun environment and promote face to face interaction. We hold the Company Kick Off (CKO) once a year, a large event in which the company flies all employees to the Silicon Valley office for a week full of team building, employee recognition, and opportunities to simply enjoy colleagues. We have also implemented our "Team Weeks", these happen a few times a year and all members from related teams get together in one of our office locations, either in Spain or US (California or Colorado), for a week of face-to-face meetings, training, fun activities, lunches, conversations and shared experiences.
- BS or higher in technical field, MS preferred
- 5+ years in technical professional services or sales
- Industrial Automation Networking experience preferred
- C/C++/Java/.NET development expertise
- Excellent presentation skills
- Aerospace and Defense Industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer training experience a plus
- Strong understanding of OS and network concepts (UDP, Multicast, etc.)
- Strong understanding of messaging systems
- Experience with high performance distributed systems a plus
- Embedded system experience is a strong plus
- Understanding and knowledge of JMS, AMQP, MQTT and Web Services is a strong plus
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without day-to-day direction
- A team player
- Please note pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At RTI, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.