We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join and collaborate with the QA team as an individual contributor and technical lead. The QA team will provide guidance on the development process requirements and international quality standards.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
You are part of the Connext Development Team at RTI. Your focus is to improve the test coverage of Connext products by:
- Developing test plans and scenarios validating product and feature interactions. You understand the individual feature requirements and work with product management, customer support.
- Collaborating with the Field team, understanding how customers intend to use these features as part of their larger distributed systems.
- Specifying and implementing test cases and test frameworks. Collaborating with the build and release team to develop Continuous Integration plans.
- Doing portability testing that runs on a wide variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms.
- Triaging and analyzing failures
- Measuring and providing test coverage
You will collaborate with the QA team, reviewing and approving releases. The QA team will also provide guidance on the development process requirements and international quality standards.
You will also work with the Internal Tools team on the test automation frameworks.
This is an individual contributor and technical leadership role.
- Experienced programmer: At RTI, you will work primarily in C/C++. We also support other programming languages: Java/C# and Python. We use git and Jenkins. A lot of the build and test automation is written in Python.
- Test, verification, and validation experience: We are looking for somebody who has developed professional software and written unit and feature tests. You have written test plans and have experience in QA methodologies. The ideal candidate also has worked on test automation and with Continuous Integration systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in the USA. Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. Please click here to view our benefits package!
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.