In the next decade, cars will safely drive themselves, trucks will deliver goods autonomously, and flying taxis will buzz over busy metropolitan areas . Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the world’s number one software framework for these smart machines and real-world systems. We lead the transition to intelligent, autonomous systems, the most important technology trend for the next decade and beyond.
Our software connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars. We are the best positioned company in the world to create the future of smart distributed systems. There is no better place to usher in the new intelligent world.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the product development team creating Connext Micro, Connext Cert and Connext TSS. You will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform, at the core of autonomous vehicles, and avionics platforms. The software needs to meet the highest software development standards for safety and security. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control.
As a company, RTI is also unique. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great compensation, benefits, and flexibility. RTI commits to making your life as satisfying as your career. RTI’s collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
Our ambitious mission and amazing opportunity is to transform transportation, medicine, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help.
Design, develop, support, test and document key middleware software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products used in semi-autonomous/autonomous vehicles and avionics. You will be part of the Connext Micro/Cert/TSS team.
- Design new features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product
- Develop new features using C with exposure to C++.
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products. An important aspect of Connext Micro/Cert is functional safety (ISO26262, DO178C) and adherence to software development standards such as ASPICE. A large part of your role will be to make sure the software is developed and verified & validated according to RTI standards.
- Interface with global team members (USA & Spain) during software product life cycle. for design, development, documentation, coding and testing.
- Write API and feature documentation
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Triage customer issues, and find timely creative solutions to customer problems
They will report to the hiring manager.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, or computer networking
- Experienced programmer (through internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.). At RTI, in the Connext Micro/Cert team, you will work primarily in C/C++.
- Experience working on software used in automotive or avionics applications is a plus. So, is familiarity with ASPICE/CMMI, ISO 26262 or DO-178C standards, V-Model SDLC.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team.
- Experience: 6-12+ yrs
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. Please click here to view our benefits package!
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
CO Salary Range: 100k-120k DOE