Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Customer Success Manager (CSM) or software engineer with a passion for helping customers solve complex technical problems? Are you interested in the opportunity to accelerate our customer’s success with RTI technology? Do you want to have a hand in building a customer success team from the ground up? If you love to work with customers and are passionate about helping them become successful, this is your role!
In this role you will be responsible for developing customer relationships that promote retention, expansion, and loyalty to the RTI brand. You’ll work closely with actively developing project teams to ensure they are delighted with the business value they realize by leveraging RTI technology.
Additionally, you’ll help create an even stronger customer-focused culture within RTI. You’ll need to have an entrepreneurial spirit, help decide what helps us build the culture and the team we want, and help drive the change. This includes writing processes and creating documentation and assets we need to ensure that we provide all customers with a superior and consistent experience. It also includes assisting with the implementation and setup of technology to help us serve our customers at scale.
If you have customer success in your DNA and a proven track record on your resume, come delight our global customers as they usher in the future! While this role contributes to the overall growth of revenue at RTI, this is not a quota-carrying position.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 250 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Ensure our customers realize business value from using RTI technology
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with each assigned account and focus on driving realized business value and technology adoption
- Ensure the customer can optimize the use of RTI technology, and adopt our best practices and recommended technical guidance
- Understand the customers business requirements and create a success plan that will yield identified business results.
- Provide technical recommendations based on project status obtained during the weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly meetings with the customer
- Escalate issues when necessary to ensure the customer’s development team remains on track and can hit project milestones. This will involve other departments, and in particular working with Support to escalate new issues or existing support cases as necessary
- Proactively engage the customer to build out training plans so they receive the mentoring and guidance they need.
- Ensure customers can successfully adopt RTI technology
- Conduct regular check ins and reviews with customers to ensure their projects are on track and to ensure successful adoption of RTI technology
- Monitor customers’ support activity to ensure there are no critical or blocking issues impeding their progress.
- Convey customers’ product/service related needs and wants to the rest of RTI, so that we take appropriate action to capitalize on all relevant opportunities
- Facilitate design reviews, data modeling discussions, and other technical “deep dives” that will help improve their designs
- Identify milestone blockers, and what keeps the project lead ‘up at night’ in order to proactively engage to accelerate ‘time-to-value’
- Help identify opportunities for cross- and upsell within existing customers
- Work to identify up-sell and cross-sell opportunities for additional training, services and company products.
- Once identified - provide information to Sales for further customer engagement and potential quote generation
- Assist in building out the customer success function at RTI
- The CSM will work cross-functionally across all RTI departments focusing on increasing the customer health score and advocating for specific customer needs/issues.
- Assist with the creation of playbooks and other assets needed to ensure we have a well-documented, scalable and repeatable customer success engagement process leveraging the success plan methodology.
- Recommend changes and additions to our customer success motion that keep us aligned with industry best practices.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of our future customer success technology stack (customer success software, survey platform, etc.).
- Passion for customers and their success.
- Technical degree with 3-5+ years of experience in a post-sales, customer facing role such as customer success, field application engineering or customer support (experience as a customer success manager is a real plus!).
- Experience in a quickly-scaling post-sales customer function (customer support/customer success/field engineering, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience working with on-premise software.
- Experience in autonomous devices, IoT/IIoT, or embedded systems preferred.
- Excellent communicator in-person, on the phone, through email and online presentations.
- Great collaborator, and experience working with cross-functional teams and initiatives.
- Strong focus on customer needs and an intellectual curiosity about the products that help to meet them.
- Alignment with RTI’s core values and beliefs.
- Sales experience is a plus.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.