We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the product development department. As part of the Connext Micro/Cert/TSS team, you will design, develop, support, test and document key middleware software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products used in semi-autonomous/autonomous vehicles and avionics.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
Read more about our journey here!
- Design new features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product.
- Develop new features using C with exposure to C++.
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products. An important aspect of Connext Micro/Cert is functional safety (ISO 26262) and adherence to software development standards such as ASPICE. A large part of your role will be to make sure the software is verified and validated according to RTI standards.
- Interface with global team members (USA & Spain) during software product life cycle. for design, development, documentation, coding and testing.
- Write API and feature documentation.
- Evaluate and analyze performance.
- Triage customer issues, and find timely creative solutions to customer problems.
- 6 - 12 years of related experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking are preferred.
- Experience in programming (through internships, university projects, open-source projects, etc.). At RTI, you will work primarily in C but may also work in C++/Java/C#. We are looking for somebody who knows how to program in C/C++. Don't worry if you do not master the other programming languages. We believe a good programmer will pick up other languages quickly.
- Middleware platforms and embedded software experience and/or and DDS products related work.
- Experience with ISO26262 Certification and other software development standards.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.