In the next decade, cars will safely drive themselves, trucks will deliver goods autonomously, and flying taxis will buzz over busy metropolitan areas. Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the world’s number one software framework for these smart machines and real-world systems. We lead the transition to intelligent, autonomous systems, the most important technology trend for the next decade and beyond.
Our software connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars. We are the best positioned company in the world to create the future of smart distributed systems. There is no better place to usher in the new intelligent world.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the product development team creating Connext Micro, Connext Cert and Connext TSS. You will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform, at the core of autonomous vehicles and avionics platforms. The software needs to meet the highest software development standards for safety and security. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control.
As a company, RTI is also unique. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great compensation, benefits, and flexibility. RTI commits to making your life as satisfying as your career. RTI’s collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
Our ambitious mission and amazing opportunity is to transform transportation, medicine, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come and join us !
Verify and validate RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products designed for safety certified automotive & avionics applications. You will be part of the Connext Micro/Cert/TSS Verification & Validation team.
- Analyze software requirements to develop test cases to validate software requirements..
- Develop test setup, test procedures and test scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Work with functional safety engineers to create a safety validation plan that meets the RTI's functional safety process..
- Execute test plans on target platforms. Ensure the software is verified & validated according RTI’s functional safety process.
- Identify failures, isolate problems, and take appropriate action to resolve those problems.
- Collaborate with development engineers and other test teams to support testing and development activities.
- Develop and document test cases. Ensure test coverage for software functional and safety requirements.
- Passion for testing, automation, and debugging. Loves to learn and is passionate about helping others.
- QA/V&V experience preferred: test infrastructure, automation and test development.
- Experience with embedded systems and networking technologies.
- Experience with functional safety standards, processes, and requirements e.g., IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 21434 is preferred
- Practical verification & validation experience with embedded systems or safety critical applications.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred).
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team.
- 6-12yrs of professional experience related to testing and validation of software in automotive and/or avionics applications.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. Please click here to view our benefits package!
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.