Do you want to build the future? Do you want to build the software that is going to change Automotive, Healthcare and Transportation? If the answer is yes, then apply for the The Industrial Internet of Things Connectivity Company.
What is an internal tools engineer?
Our software runs in a wide variety of scenarios and different platforms. As a consequence, we have the challenge of building and deploying a highly complex piece of software, without compromising quality.
An internal tools engineer makes magic happen by providing the Engineering department with the appropriate tooling and services.
Some types of projects you will be working on:
- Modernize the build system and infrastructure.
- Provide developers the tools to measure and assess the code quality. We are not looking for a QA Engineer, but a person that integrates the appropriate tooling to measure quality. For instance, we are looking for a person that can integrate existing code coverage or static analysis tools in our build and release infrastructure
- Develop tools for internal use to increase the efficiency of our developers.
- Develop and and integrate tools to assess code quality.
- Train other engineers in the use of internal tools and modern technologies.
- Degree on Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Programming Languages: We are looking for a person proficient in Python/scripting languages. Some C/C++ and Java knowledge is desirable, but not required.
- 3+ years of experience in test automation, continuous integration or build systems in general.
- Knowledge about compilers and build systems (e.g. gcc, make, CMake, gradle)
- Some background related to CI/CD processes (e.g. Jenkins, Travis).
- Good English and communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in USA.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge about micro services and Cloud Technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge about code quality tools: linters, static analysis, code coverage, etc.
We are not looking for an expert in any of these subjects, but someone willing to learn and be trained on them.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.