In the next decade, cars will safely drive themselves, trucks will deliver goods autonomously, and flying taxis will buzz over busy metropolitan areas . Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the world’s number one software framework for these smart machines and real-world systems. We lead the transition to intelligent, autonomous systems, the most important technology trend for the next decade and beyond.
Our software connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars. We are the best positioned company in the world to create the future of smart distributed systems. There is no better place to usher in the new intelligent world.
We are seeking a Functional Safety Engineer to join the product development team creating Connext Micro and Connext Cert. You will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform, at the core of autonomous vehicles, and avionics platforms. The software needs to meet the highest software development standards for safety and security. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control.
As a company, RTI is also unique. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great compensation, benefits, and flexibility. RTI commits to making your life as satisfying as your career. RTI’s collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
Our ambitious mission and amazing opportunity is to transform transportation, medicine, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help.
Develop functional safety work products for the RTI DDS middleware software targeted for automotive applications.
- Develop functional safety requirements for related features.
- Develop Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA), Safety concepts and other Functional Safety work products for relevant products.
- Develop functional safety validation plan and support the execution of the plan.
- Review requirements, design artifacts and ensure requirements & test traceability using requirement management tools such as Jama.
- Actively support internal safety audits & assessments of safety processes.
- Educate colleagues on best practices in developing software compliant to the automotive functional safety requirements and related compliance and safety standards.
- Work with FSM and internal teams to define the Functional Safety interfaces between RTI and customers.
- Develop/review and maintain necessary functional safety documentation
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, or computer networking
- Experience working on software used in automotive or avionics applications is a plus. So, is familiarity with ASPICE/CMMI, ISO 26262 or DO-178C standards, V-Model SDLC.
- Basic C/C++ Skills
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team.
- 2-5 years of experience
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. Please click here to view our benefits package!
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.