Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced software engineer with a passion for solving complex technical problems? Do you enjoy thinking out of the box and facing new challenges? If you love working with other engineers, interacting with customers, solving real-world software mysteries and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role!
We’re looking for someone to be a critical member of the team who ensures a key, high-profile RTI customer succeeds with Connext.
Read more about being an Application Engineer at RTI here!
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance for a key, high-profile RTI customer, including technical training, configuration/code review, design guidance, and more.
- Triage customer issues both onsite and remotely, and find timely solutions.
- Develop and implement test plans to increase confidence in the customer’s use of RTI technology.
- Identify and implement new methods to test the scalability and correctness of the customer’s use of RTI technology in their large-scale, complex distributed system.
- Work with our development team to help improve our products.
- Ensure customer success with RTI technology.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking preferred.
- Solid understanding of operating system and networking fundamentals.
- Experience writing and debugging code in C, C++, and/or Java.
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages.
- Positive, proactive, results oriented with excellent problem solving skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in both collaborative environments as well as independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Interested in working directly with customers to ensure their success.
- Intellectually curious with a desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team.
- Must be able to travel to work onsite with our customer.
- Located in Milwaukee, WI.
- QA experience, test infrastructure, automation and test development. Experience with CI systems.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. Please click here to view our benefits package!
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.