In the next ten years, cars will safely drive themselves, hospitals will automatically care for patients, defense systems will protect with lower cost and error, and power systems will better use renewables. Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the world’s number one software framework for these smart machines and real-world systems. We lead the transition to intelligent, autonomous systems, the most important technology trend for the next decade and beyond.
Our software runs the largest power plants in the US, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned company in the world to create the future of smart distributed systems. There is no better place to usher in the new intelligent world.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager for the Core team. The Core team develops a set of Connext DDS communication libraries, at the heart of the Connext platform. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. The Core team is distributed between Sunnyvale, Denver and Granada, Spain. As a Software Engineering Manager, your focus will be 100% on people development and management, and building the team. Our team and 1rti culture is our most valuable asset. Your role will be to help us evolve the culture of the core team in a positive way.
As a company, RTI is also unique. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We take a similar approach, as we work with our interns. RTI commits to making your life as satisfying as your career. RTI’s collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
Our ambitious mission and amazing opportunity is to transform transportation, medicine, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help.
Be a coach, mentor, support system and leader for the team.
- Grow the Core team. You will be responsible for hiring new engineers and providing the mentoring and training platform so that they become productive team members.
- You will be the people manager of some members of the team.
- Develop training and career plans for junior and senior engineers in the team.
- Develop and track key metrics for team performance.
- Work with our VP of Engineering and other Engineering Managers to define and evolve the 1RTI culture of our engineering team.
- You are a leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills. You have at least 3 years of people management experience of software engineering teams of 10+ engineers.
- You have experience in recruiting, on-boarding and training high-performing teammates.
- You have experience managing and working in distributed teams.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.