As a Product Management Intern, you are part of the team that sets the vision and strategy for the RTI product portfolio and manages the product life cycle that transforms that vision into reality. In this role, you will develop a deeper understanding of IIoT connectivity while working across multiple RTI teams to help discover, build and launch product capabilities. Your responsibilities involve driving projects for the RTI Connext product suite—our secure, real-time connectivity platform for the Industrial IoT—including:
- Researching and capturing market and product requirements for industry-specific development workflows and improving out-of-the-box customer experience.
- Developing go-to-market strategies and plans for new capabilities.
- Creating sales and marketing content to support our field teams.
- Updating and implementing PM processes (in tools like Confluence, Jira and Salesforce).
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Understand and analyze RTI market, customer and product needs to identify product gaps and opportunities.
- Translate product opportunities into technical requirements and product backlogs.
- Work with engineers to build and launch new features.
- Develop sales & marketing tools, including product collateral, getting started procedures, presentations, competitive analysis, videos and blogs.
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field. Business administration coursework is nice to have.
- You have excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- You have a passion for creating and analyzing products through understanding customer needs and market opportunities.
- You have some software development experience and are comfortable compiling and running a HelloWorld application.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.