As a Platform Lead, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. As part of our distributed RTI Platform Team, your role is critical in enabling and maintaining our products to support various platforms and systems.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
Lead the platforms team: Be both an individual contributor porting and validating our products on a wide variety of architectures, and be a coach, mentor, support, and leader for the team:
- Manage, mentor, inspire, and grow the RTI platforms team.
- Develop training and career plans for junior and senior engineers in the team.
- Develop, track and ensure high team performance and quality metrics.
- Plan and coordinate the team
- Work with the project managers, product managers and your team to organize and execute the platform plan and manage customer platform projects.
- Develop and evolve the platform development processes, to ensure efficient and high quality ports and platform validations.
- Ensure the supported platforms are available to the larger R&D community, and that the team’s platform expertise can be leveraged within RTI and by our customers.
- You are a leader with a proven track record of people management skills. You have at least 2 years of people management experience of an engineering team of 3+ engineers.
- You have experience in recruiting, on-boarding and training high performance teammates.
- Ability to manage and work with distributed teams.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on platform development experience
- You have experience with using and configuring various operating systems. Knowledge in embedded systems would be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in hardware setup and build infrastructure will be a plus.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. RTI is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.