As a software engineering manager in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
Real-Time Innovations (RTI) is the largest software framework provider for smart machines and real-world systems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects real-world devices. Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
Responsibilities: Be a coach, mentor, support system and leader for the team.
- Hire, mentor, inspire, coach and grow the Connext Micro and Cert development team.
- Develop training and career plans for junior and senior engineers in the team.
- Develop and track key metrics for team performance
- Work with our VP Engineering and other Engineering Managers to define and evolve the 1RTI culture of our engineering management team.
- Work with the project and product managers, tech leads and individual contributors to build ambitious and achievable product plans.
- Contribute and help us evolve the development processes.
- Ensure the team has a clear understanding of the direction of the product, team, and the reasoning behind decisions.
- You are a leader with a proven track record of strong people management skills. You have at least 3 years of people management experience of software engineering teams of 10+ engineers.
- You have experience in recruiting, on-boarding and training high performance teammates.
- You have experience managing and working in distributed teams.
- You have at least 8+ years of hands-on C/C++ software development experience
- You have experience with embedded systems and functional safety (ISO 26262 / DO-178C).
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.