Are you a well-organized, detail-obsessive person looking to join a growing team? Do you have a desire to learn, solve problems and juggle a wide variety of responsibilities? Do you have a passion for Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables and VLOOKUPS? If the answer to these questions is a resounding YES, this may be the opportunity for you! We are looking for a sharp, detail-oriented person to join our Accounting team at our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters as a Staff Accountant.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Account Receivables
- Prepare and perform check runs, ACH, and wire transfers.
- Process and reconcile company credit card statements on a monthly basis
- File multiple state Sales and Use Tax Returns
- Generate customer invoices
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Fulfill internal procurement requests
- Investigate and resolve AP and AR related issues with customers and vendors
- Update and create internal Accounting processes and policies in compliance with GAAP
- Work on a wide variety of month-end reconciliation tasks
- Assist on additional ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
- Work with internal teams and management to identify problems, develop solutions and implement processes to increase business efficiency and enhance productivity
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-2 years experience as an Accountant or Bookkeeper preferred
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and industry best practices
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure while prioritizing tasks, projects, questions, and requests
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Ability to work on-site at our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters
- Cover letter preferred
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.