Are you a well-organized, detail-obsessive person looking to join a growing team? Do you have a desire to learn, solve problems and juggle a wide variety of responsibilities? Do you have a passion for Excel spreadsheets, pivot tables and VLOOKUPS? If the answer to these questions is a resounding YES, this may be the opportunity for you! We are looking for a sharp, detail-oriented person to join our Accounting team at our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters as a Staff Accountant.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Account Receivables
- Prepare and perform check runs, ACH, and wire transfers.
- Process and reconcile company credit card statements on a monthly basis
- File multiple state Sales and Use Tax Returns
- Generate customer invoices
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Fulfill internal procurement requests
- Investigate and resolve AP and AR related issues with customers and vendors
- Update and create internal Accounting processes and policies in compliance with GAAP
- Work on a wide variety of month-end reconciliation tasks
- Assist on additional ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
- Work with internal teams and management to identify problems, develop solutions and implement processes to increase business efficiency and enhance productivity
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1-2 years experience as an Accountant or Bookkeeper preferred
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and industry best practices
- Strong proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure while prioritizing tasks, projects, questions, and requests
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Ability to work on-site at our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters
- Cover letter preferred
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.