As a software QA engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. Working hand in hand with the product development team, you will be part of a growing QA team responsible for creating and running automated and manual test cases validating proper functionality.
The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants in North America connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Develop automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates.
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases.
- Identify and implement new methods to test the scalability and correctness of large-scale distributed systems.
- Port and execute tests to run on a wide variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms.
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks.
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Define, maintain, and apply quality processes for the entire software development life cycle within the engineering team.
Experienced programmer (through internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.). At RTI, you will work in C/C++/Java/C#/Python/Ada. We are looking for somebody who knows how to program. Don't worry if you do not master all of these programming languages. We believe a good programmer will pick up other languages quickly. Similarly, we are looking for a candidate who can adapt to working with many operating systems and platforms.
- QA experience, test infrastructure, automation and test development.
- Experience with CI systems.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in the USA.
- Excellent English written communication skills.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.