Are you an aspiring Public Relations Assistant looking for an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment? If you are a smart, ambitious and creative natural communicator who likes the excitement of new challenges, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a hardworking Public Relations Assistant to support day-to-day operations in our Marketing department. This candidate will help us tell the RTI story through external channels, such as media and analyst relations, social media, event promotions and more. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Communications and will be responsible for coordinating global communications programs throughout the U.S., EMEA and APAC territories.
- Coordinate RTI’s global PR activities including media and analyst programs, our news pipeline, corporate messaging, event promotions, social media and more
- Assist with managing external PR agencies and contractors
- Coordinate, develop and proofread different types of PR content including press releases, media pitches, media briefing materials, videos, presentations, social media messages, etc.
- Manage corporate calendars and deadlines (editorial, speaking opportunities, awards, social media, etc.)
- Demonstrate leadership skills and creativity while in meetings, brainstorming sessions and strategy discussions
- Manage content review and approval cycles with internal audiences
- Build and maintain long-term relations with internal clients, media, analysts, vendors, etc.
- Research and document international media coverage and track relevant PR metrics
- Maintain media contact databases and mailing lists
- Manage and update the RTI website with media coverage
- Coordinate social media activities including reporting on activity and engagement
- Perform a variety of different project coordination tasks
Public Relations Assistant requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Public Relations intern/Assistant in a Corporate or Agency environment. Customer service/client-facing experience a plus
- Excellent communications, copy writing, editing and presentation skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, as well as interface with all staff levels including executives
- BA in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or similar relevant field
- Knowledge of PR and Marketing process and best practices
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.)
- Outstanding organizational, attention to detail and time management skills
- Passion for the PR and Communications industry
- HubSpot and Salesforce experience a plus
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. RTI is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.