Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced software engineer with a passion for solving complex technical problems? If you love to travel, work with customers, and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role! The Sr. Application Engineer will be a member of our global Services organization, which is an outcome-based and highly customer facing role. Our charter is to drive customer success, so we work closely with our customers providing, but not limited to, architecture consulting, training, and overall technical guidance as they develop their next generation distributed systems.
Read more about being an Application Engineer at RTI here!
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Engage with our customers to provide technical guidance, assistance, and prototype proof-of-concept projects
- Provide onsite technical training, configuration/code review, design guidance and debugging of complex distributed systems
- Triage customer issues both onsite and remotely, and find timely solutions
- Ensure our customers succeed with RTI technology
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred). Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, and computer networking preferred
- Solid understanding of operating system and networking fundamentals
- Software development experience (via internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.) with C++, Java
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages
- Positive, proactive, results oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in both collaborative environments as well as independently in a deadline driven environment
- Interested in working directly with customers to ensure their success
- Intellectually curious with a desire and ability to master new technologies
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team
- Must be able to travel (25-40%) to work with our customers onsite
- Please note pursuant to a government contract, this specific position must be able to get a government security clearance (requires U.S. citizenship)
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.