As a QA Lead in our engineering team, you will lead a small team of software engineers to develop and implement test plans for the RTI Connext products, including RTI’s functional safety products. This role is a hands-on management role, where you will both lead the team, and be implementing the test plans. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Lead a small team of software engineers to develop and implement test plans for the RTI Connext products, including RTI’s functional safety products. This role is a hands-on management role, where you will both lead the team, and be implementing the test plans.
- Provide innovative technical leadership to the QA team.
- Hire, coach, grow and manage the QA team
- Work with the product development teams to develop the testing strategy wrt unit/regression testing, feature testing, stress testing, platform and interoperability testing, test automation.
- Influence key Go/No Go decisions on product readiness. Gather and analyze quality metrics. Show continuous improvement.
- Establish, document and implement QA testing strategies and processes, in support of internal ISO 26262 certification.
- Passion for testing, automation, and debugging. Loves to learn and is passionate about helping others. Experience with Functional Safety preferred.
- QA experience preferred: test infrastructure, automation and test development. Experience with CI systems.
- Experience in C/C++. At RTI, you will work in C/C++/Java/C#/Python/Lua/Ada. We are looking for somebody who is an experienced programmer and willing to learn these programming languages. Experience with embedded systems and networking technologies.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in the USA. Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation. RTI is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.