At RTI, our Account Managers are part of a highly skilled team dedicated to making our customers successful in adoption of our Connext DDS software. We invite you to bring your passion and experience in technical software sales to help expand our growth in the Northeast as part of a team territory. Along with the existing Senior Account team, you will be responsible for sales of our Connext DDS software suite and services to existing and new customers within the New England territory.
We are looking for individuals who are customer focused and collaborative team players who enjoy both finding new business and retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. You will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close, account management, and exceeding quota in this rapidly growing territory. Territory includes existing and new accounts in defense and other Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) verticals.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Build relationships. In partnership with the Field Applications Engineer, present and sell RTI software and engineering services to current and potential customers. Seek new business proactively. Maintain a healthy pipeline.
- Understand our customers. Consult with customers onsite to understand their technical problems and challenges. Understand customer budgeting and purchasing processes.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute account management and business development processes for all opportunities. Meet sales goals by closing business proactively.
- Collaborate with your team. Work with the New England Senior Account Manager and Regional Manager to determine and execute territory plans and strategies. Be proactive and positive when engaging with other departments for assistance.
- 5+ years of professional experience selling high-end technology software solutions to R&D and engineering teams
- Skilled at prospecting and knows how to open new doors
- Demonstrated success using a consultative, solutions oriented sales approach
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-based selling environment
- Track record of success achieving or exceeding assigned quota
- BS or higher. Engineering or computer science preferred but not required.
- Experience selling to system integrators preferred
- Background in middleware or communication infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with Industrial Internet of Things is a plus
- Travel within the territory is required
- US Citizenship required *Due to applicable laws, government regulations and contract specifications, we are required to fill this position only with an individual who qualifies as a "U.S. Citizen."
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.