Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced Field Application Engineer with a passion for helping customers solve complex technical problems? Are you interested in the opportunity to grow a customer base of innovative engineers and develop business in the booming Industrial IoT space? If you love to travel, work with customers, and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role!
As a Field Application Engineer, you will be working closely with the Account Manager in the region to help increase sales for our technical products. Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with customers and has networking knowledge. You will be supporting the Central and South West European Territory.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Present RTI technology to executives, architects, and developers
- Convey RTI technology value to prospects
- Organize and execute detailed Proof-of-Concept engagements with prospects
- Build relevant and appealing software demos using RTI products
- Work closely with Account management to develop sales strategies
- Coordinate customer technical requirements with Product Management for continuing product evolution
- Participate in our developer community forum as an RTI expert
- Periodically create technical articles for publication showing RTI Technology and Business value
- BS or higher in technical field, MS preferred
- 5+ years in technical professional services or sales
- Industrial Automation Networking experience preferred
- C/C++/Java/.NET development expertise
- English, German, other European language is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer training experience a plus
- Strong understanding of OS and network concepts (UDP, Multicast, etc.)
- Strong understanding of messaging systems
- Experience with high performance distributed systems a plus
- Embedded system experience is a strong plus
- Understanding and knowledge of JMS, AMQP, MQTT and Web Services is a strong plus
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without day-to-day direction
- A team player
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.