As a software engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
Support, design, develop, test and document core infrastructure software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products.
- Triage customer issues, and find timely creative solutions to customer problems
- Create engineering builds resolving specific bugs and ship maintenance releases
- Design new features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product
- Develop new features using C/C++ with exposure to Java, C#, Python, Ada, and Lua as well
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products
- Write API and feature documentation
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, or computer networking
- Experienced programmer (through internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.). At RTI, a majority of your work will be in C with exposure to feature development in C++/Java/C#/Python/Lua. We are looking for somebody with a strong foundation in C or C++ who knows how to program. Don't worry if you do not master all of these programming languages. We believe a good programmer will pick up other languages quickly.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team
- Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
- 0-8 years of experience
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.