Are you a storyteller? Do you enjoy researching information and turning it into descriptive narrative? RTI is seeking an experienced B2B writer to develop and edit compelling content about our award-winning, game-changing Industrial IoT software. You’ll research, write, and edit content that educates and persuades prospective customers. You will create and edit business and technical blogs, case studies, white papers, data sheets, and bylined articles. The ideal candidate is a team player who also enjoys working independently. You have a technical aptitude and are skilled at simplifying the complex. You have a keen eye for detail and are familiar with SEO. This is a remote position, reporting to the Director of Marketing Content. Please include 3 writing samples along with your resume.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Enjoy collaborating with others to elicit information and ideas.
- Have a clear and concise (non-foggy) writing style
- Have experience understanding and clearly articulating technical concepts (writing about software is a plus)
- Have experience writing white papers as well as shorter pieces for consumability in digital and print formats.
- Be as comfortable writing a clever headline as you are with writing a long paper.
- Be self-motivated and self-organized in order to manage multiple deadlines on numerous, concurrent projects.
- Be detail oriented and have experience in creating high-quality, error-free content.
- Be expert at proofreading and editing.
- Be process oriented in content development including conducting an engaging interview with subject matter experts, developing effective copy and seeing all projects through to completion.
Additional skills that will help you succeed:
- A positive attitude and ability to work alone and in a team environment.
- An interest in technology and experience in writing about it.
- A basic understanding of SEO concepts and best practices.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3- 5 years of B2B writing experience
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.