Do you have a customer-first mindset? Do you have a passion to help people and deliver end-user productivity and experiences? If yes, we are looking for you!
As an IT Systems Specialist, you are our champion for end-user productivity and experience. You will have primary responsibility and capability to shape major aspects of our service delivery and initiatives. Furthermore, you will oversee and experience a wide spectrum of responsibility and opportunities in the areas of networking, systems administration, and information security. You will contribute to the evolution of RTI’s IT services and technology, including design, rollouts and deployments, data protection and integrity.
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through IT ServiceDesk ticketing system
- Review and diagnose issues; take corrective action which may include coordinating with appropriate peer teams and escalating where necessary
- End user support of Linux, Windows, and MacOS computers/servers and mobile devices
- Administer, manage, configure and support enterprise applications including VoIP - on-premise and cloud
- Manages tasks and projects in a fast-paced support environment, driving all issues to resolution with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and efficient task execution
- Provide support and maintain audio/video/VoiP equipment in conference rooms and meeting areas onsite/offsite.
- Manage centralized administration of PC services (i.e. Antivirus, OS Deployment, software installation, group policies, inventory, patching and routine maintenance).
- Ability to coordinate problem resolution with vendors. Maintain communications with vendors during the problem resolution process.
- Assist with all IT related onboarding / offboarding process of all employees including accounts, laptop setup, software, mobile, licensing; working pro-actively with HR
- Maintain hardware and software asset inventory and organization for end user devices, IT supplies, cabling, server rooms.
- Participate in user/equipment moves, repair/maintenance/support of IT hardware/software and applications
- Ensure timely communications and resolution of end user issues and handling of tickets.
- Create project plans, document internal procedures and processes.
- Monitor logs on a daily basis and report issues to the team.
- Provide service and take ownership of systems
- BA/BS in a technology discipline or equivalent with 3-6 years of experience in supporting enterprise level systems is required.
- This position requires use of information or access to jobs which are subject to the US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a US person as a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Extensive experience with Windows Servers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Client (Windows 10), MAC OS, Linux
- Solid understanding with troubleshooting and problem solving of IT services including: Active Directory, TCP/IP, VLAN’s, VPN, switching, firewalls, routing, WIFI technology, and etc.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication, customer service and organizational skills are required.
- Good understanding of virtualized environments such as VMware Parallels /Fusion, KVM, Virtualbox.
- Must be able to work closely with end users, understand business processes and work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Maybe be required to be on call 24x7 to support incidents
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to complete duties quickly and efficiently
- Person with strong interest in leading edge technology and track record of continuing education.
- Strong documentation skills
- Customer first oriented approach to service
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.