Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced office or technology manager with a passion for projects, technology, and process? If so, this is the role for you! RTI is looking for someone to manage our workspace teams, including administration services, IT, and facilities. This is a true leadership position, where you will adopt and grow a great team.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
This position reports directly to the VP of Operations. You will have global responsibility in a fast-growth tech company for IT, business continuity, quality process, administration, and facilities. You will manage a team of managers and direct reports. We are willing to build and train the right person with some management experience and a great service attitude. This is a rare opportunity to build on your experience in a limited management capacity, expanding your horizons into a broader leadership position.
- Information Technology Management
- You do not need to be an IT professional, but you will manage our IT function.
- You and your IT team own the compute infrastructure and knowledge repository for the organization, including infrastructure, computing resources, software tools, security, laboratory equipment, and system monitoring.
- You and your team will develop and maintain the corporate Knowledge Management Framework.
- You and your IT Manager will plan and develop our IT strategy and budget.
- You will oversee and participate in IT vendor contract negotiations for all technology related equipment, services, third-party software licensing and system requirements.
- Business continuity
- You will determine how to best ensure our continuing business in the event of an accident or natural disaster such as an earthquake. This implies both immediate and long-term systems needs as well as operational tools and procedures.
- You will plan, develop and test the disaster recovery strategy for the organization, balancing business continuity requirements and cost constraints.
- Corporate quality management
- You will manage and develop a program to ensure secure, quality internal systems.
- You will manage our corporate initiative to achieve ISO 9001 certification.
- You will provide internal training for our ISO 9001 compliance program.
- Administrative services and facilities management
- You will lead, support, and guide our administrative services team. This team is responsible for day-to-day facilities management, maintenance management, security, food services, and general administration.
- You will oversee global facilities vendor management, including service contract review and negotiation.
- You will collaborate as a key stakeholder on facilities expansion projects, ensuring operational needs are thoughtfully prioritized and incorporated.
- Workplace services leadership
- You will communicate both internally and externally about RTI’s employee workplace environment.
- You will develop and maintain strategic plans for improving our workplace
- You will create new policies, process, and training materials to comply with the forever changing federal laws (i.e. GDPR, California employment laws) and security requirements
- You will be responsible for daily management for a growing group of 10-15 professionals; about half will be direct reports. This includes hiring and developing, setting objectives and priorities, and ensuring performance.
- Qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in office and personnel management, including 3+ years of managing people
- A BA/BS/MBA in business administration or technology management
- Experience managing high-performance workplace or IT teams
- Passion for technology and its power to make people more efficient
- The ability to occasionally travel internationally to remote offices
- Strong project management skills with a high level of initiative and judgment
- Strong policy and process creation and documentation skills
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure at a high level
- The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with international locations
- Strong fiscal discipline, including budget setting and vendor negotiations
- Experience in an ever-changing high-growth environment
- Rapport with senior and executive management
- A knack for keeping a pulse on the organization and seeking ways to improve processes
- Project Management experience involving cross collaboration with teams across an organization
- US Person required*
*This position requires use of information or access to jobs which are subject to the US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements. All applicants must be US persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a US person as a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Why work for RTI? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers, and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.