Do you want to build the future? Do you want to build the software that is going to change Automotive, Healthcare and Transportation? If the answer is yes, then apply for the The Industrial Internet of Things Connectivity Company.
What is a Software Engineer - Internal Tools?
An internal tools engineer makes magic happen by providing the Engineering department with the appropriate tooling and services.
Our software runs in a wide variety of scenarios and different platforms. As a consequence, we have the challenge of building and deploying a highly complex piece of software, without compromising quality.
Some types of projects you will be working on:
- Modernize the build system and infrastructure.
- Provide developers the tools to measure and assess the code quality. We are not looking for a QA Engineer, but a person that integrates the appropriate tooling to measure quality. For instance, we are looking for a person that can integrate existing code coverage or static analysis tools in our build and release infrastructure
RTI leads the world market for software that connects AI to real-world devices. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in over 200 autonomous vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are the best positioned small company in the world to create the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. We recognize employees for their achievements, offer great opportunities for career growth and development, and provide the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility. We commit to making your life as satisfying as your career. And, RTI’s team is unmatched; our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest.
We solve some of the greatest challenges in technology. We combine artificial intelligence with real-world distributed systems; today’s two most important trends. Our mission is to transform industries: automotive, medical, power, defense, and control. Our core values emphasize excellence, teamwork, and your potential. Few small companies can truly claim to make the world run better like RTI. Come help make a real difference.
- Develop tools for internal use to increase the efficiency of our developers.
- Develop and and integrate tools to assess code quality.
- Train other engineers in the use of internal tools and modern technologies.
- Degree on Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Programming Languages: We are looking for a person proficient in Python/scripting languages. Some C/C++ and Java knowledge is desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge about compilers and build systems (e.g. gcc, make, CMake, gradle)
- Good English and communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including headquarters in USA.
Nice to have:
- Some background related to CI/CD processes (e.g. Jenkins, Travis).
- Knowledge about micro services and Cloud Technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Knowledge about code quality tools: linters, static analysis, code coverage, etc.
We are not looking for an expert in any of these subjects, but someone willing to learn and be trained on them.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae in English.
We have a collaborative and inclusive environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. Our culture embraces transparency, learning, and fun. We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, benefits, vacation bonuses, and equity participation.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.