RTI is seeking a Government Contract Specialist who will manage the full life cycle of our various government contracts and ensure compliance with federal government regulations. The candidate will also support our legal team by organizing all legal documents, tracking legal requests and leading legal organization projects. This role will manage cross-functional teams in connection with contract & scheduling duties, provide general support to the legal department, manage all legal administration duties as well as the contract life-cycle for all government and commercial contracts including tracking, organizing, and maintaining databases.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplemental regulations to ensure RTI follows all applicable acquisition procedures
- Work with the Research team with regards to Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) related contracts from pre-award forms completion, contract award legal review, drafting of subcontracts and helping ensure compliance with any applicable government regulations.
- Manage corporate information database. Use the database to fill out forms required by government customers.
- Keep track of a large amount of paperwork that comes through on a day to day basis.
- Assist with all aspects of contract management and review, including:
- Improve and manage contract review & approval workflows;
- Track matter progression and maintain record of contract review process; and
- Route contracts for signature & distribute to internal teams.
- Track and assign daily legal requests. Manage status updates on long-term legal projects. Ensure all internal requests and inquiries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Support the VP of Operations with administrative tasks associated with international expansion & entity management.
- Ensure various corporate patent & trademark filings are up to date.
- Act as liaison between the Legal team and both internal and external contacts.
- Proofread and reformat legal forms and correspondence.
- Provide general support to the legal team -- including copying, filing, scanning, keeping records and managing calendars.
- Implement and manage systems to file, organize, and archive legal documents and information.
- Provide overall administrative support to our legal team, including:
- Facilitate Team Meetings by managing agenda and action Items; and
- Support and manage projects within the team.
- Provide back-up support to the Administrative Services Team.
- BA/BS degree preferably business or administration or pre-law and 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations. (e.g. the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR))
- Strong background in acquiring commercial supplies and/or services for the Federal Government.
- Experience in the areas of document administration, organizational project management or legal operations. Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Superb writing and editing skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and learn quickly in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communications skills and professional demeanor; able to use discretion and diplomacy when necessary.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and logical thinking
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Google Apps, Google Calendar and CRM’s. Experience with Salesforce is a plus!
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.