We are the Leading Edge of Secure Distributed Systems Industrial Research!
RTI's research group is involved in a broad and exciting array of government-funded research -- spanning areas including defense, the modern grid, securing medical device communications, and MANY aspects of security. We collaborate with leading academic institutions, the Fortune 500, and national labs. We are rated in the top 1% of all small companies at commercializing research. Our researchers push the standards and the technology, and they have a direct impact on our product and our customers.
As a Cyber Security Researcher in our research group, you will be part of a team of researchers that have extensive real-world experience in solving challenges pertaining to the performance, scale, and security of the Industrial Internet of Things. Innovating around security, intelligent monitoring, and cyber resilience has created the need to hire! We especially need a researcher with distributed security & machine learning experience.
Our multi-cultural team values passion, creativity, drive, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication. If you have these interests and qualities, you will definitely enjoy working at RTI!
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
- Write government research proposals and help build RTI’s long-term strategic plan for cybersecurity research.
- Lead research projects to push our technology forward.
- Research, Create, Prototype, Develop, Report, and Share!
- Interface with US government research project sponsors, customers, research partners, and prospects
- Participate and drive industry standards
- Communicate technical innovations through papers and presentations
- Transition promising technical innovations to product including customer trials, coordination with product marketing, design, development, testing and support.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of Machine Learning experience
- Interested in an Individual Contributor role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid experience in one or more security related research area of interest, including: secure distributed systems, secure networking technologies, safety and security assurance, publish/subscribe security
- In-depth understanding of the nature of the academic and government research community
- Enthusiasm for participation in academic conferences and other events
- Solid programming skills (C/C++, Java, and scripting languages)
- Must be able to get a government security clearance within 1 year (requires US Citizenship)
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.