Seeking recent graduates or those with up to 8 years of experience.
As a software engineer in our development team, you will be part of a team of experts building a secure real-time middleware platform with extreme performance and scalability. The RTI Connext software enables 100s and 1000s of applications and devices to exchange data in a timely and reliable way. Our software features direct peer-to-peer connections, reliable multicast, automated application discovery, and unique, contractual quality-of-service control. Our team values creativity, risk-taking, innovation, and open communication.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
Support, design, develop, test and document core infrastructure software, part of the RTI Connext Data Distribution Services (DDS) products.
- Triage customer issues, and find timely creative solutions to customer problems
- Create engineering builds resolving specific bugs and ship maintenance releases
- Design new features and participate in architecture reviews for the overall product
- Develop new features using C/C++, Java or C#
- Test and maintain middleware on a variety of operating systems and real-time embedded platforms, and for interoperability with other DDS-based products
- Write API and feature documentation
- Evaluate and analyze performance
- Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, or computer networking
- Experienced programmer (through internships, university projects, open source projects, etc.). At RTI, you will work in C/C++/Java/C#/Python/Lua. We are looking for somebody who knows how to program. Don't worry if you do not master all of these programming languages. We believe a good programmer will pick up other languages quickly.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team
- Excellent English written communication skills, with the drive and desire to improve English verbal communication skills.
- 0-8 years of experience
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.