Are you an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced software engineer with a passion for solving complex technical problems? Do you enjoy thinking out of the box and facing new challenges? If you love working with other engineers, interacting with customers, solving real-world software mysteries and like the opportunity to tackle tough technology problems, this is your role!
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
RTI lives at the intersection of functional artificial intelligence and pervasive networking. These are the two most important technical trends for the next several decades…the trends that will drive your career. There is no better address.
Make our customers successful using RTI's Connext products.
The RTI Support group is somewhat unique. First of all, our customers are experienced and sophisticated software engineers, building critical IIoT systems. The issues they run into are real-world, complex, technical problems. This is not a run of the mill support job. You will be challenged and learn many different technologies: DDS, various programming languages, networking technologies, (real-time) operating systems, database technologies, debugging skills, communication skills, etc. Secondly, you will own overall customer success with our product. We do not measure support in how quickly you can shuffle a case to the next engineer or close it out. There are no prescribed scripts: debugging software doesn't follow any scripts either. We want the customer to be successful using the product APIs and features. You own the support case from the beginning to the end. Finally, you can have an impact in the product by being the user’s advocate, detecting improvement areas in the product and feeding our customers’ valuable feedback into our technology.
As a software engineer in the Support team you will be triaging, debugging, and also writing code (bug fixes, customer use case implementations, example code, etc.). Some of the tasks that may be part of your day are:
- Investigate, understand and debug customer issues. Work closely with our development and platform teams to find the root cause of these issues.
- Find timely creative solutions to customer problems. This includes bug fixing and writing test cases based upon the customer use case.
- Create, test and ship engineering builds, and patch releases.
- Write best practices and solutions for our knowledge base.
- Provide support status to the support manager and overall R&D team.
- Ensure our customers succeed with RTI technology.
- Provide feedback to the development team to help improve our products.
- Degree in Computer science or related field. Studies related to distributed systems, peer-to-peer networks, operating systems, computer networking, robotics preferred.
- Excellent debugging skills in a wide variety of technologies, networking protocols, operating systems and programming languages. We’re looking for a software engineer, who can learn quickly and be effective in a large variety of technologies. Intellectually curious with a desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Experience writing and debugging code in C, C++ and/or Java.
- You love support. Interested in working directly with customers to ensure their success. Experience in technical support of SDKs, or professional engineering services, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate Proficient English written communication skills, with the drive to improve English verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in both collaborative environments as well as independently in a deadline driven environment. Ability to work successfully in a highly distributed team, including our headquarters in USA.
- Must be willing to work in the Granada, Spain office and have the right to work in Spain.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
Equal Opportunity Employer