As a Technical Product Manager, you are part of the team responsible for driving the success of RTI Connext DDS, a secure, real-time connectivity platform for the Industrial IoT. You will own and manage RTI products to take our customers to higher levels of autonomy and drive the growth of our business. The Technical Product Manager understands our technology and connectivity use cases at a deep level and works closely with multiple RTI teams to plan, build and roll-out products that deliver on our vision and strategy. You will also be a key contributor in enabling sales, supporting marketing programs and cultivating partner alliances.
So, what do we do? Simply put, RTI connects smarts to distributed systems. We seek to transform entire industries. Our hottest markets are today’s most exciting: autonomous cars, smart medical systems, green energy, unmanned planes. Our software smartly runs the largest power plants on the continent, connects perception to control in vehicles, drives the new generation of medical robotics, controls hyperloop and flying cars, and provides 24x7 medical intelligence to hospital patients and emergency victims. We are making the world greener, safer, faster, and flat-out cooler.
Unabashedly, we are the best in the world at what we do. We are the best positioned small company to capitalize on the very real future of intelligent, distributed systems.
You can make a real difference in our quest for a better world. We are large enough to impact the world, yet small enough that you can impact us. At RTI, you will be well supported, well paid, proud of your product and company, and on a mission with the greatest team you've ever known.
- Gain an intimate understanding of RTI products, markets and customer needs to identify product gaps and opportunities
- Develop consensus among stakeholders for product strategies and initiatives
- Create and maintain the product roadmap
- Translate product opportunities into technical requirements and product backlogs
- Drive the prioritization, scope and schedule of product activities, working closely with product architects and engineering leads
- Facilitate customer and field involvement in collecting product feedback and driving it to actionable follow-up
- Manage products and components through the stages of their lifecycle, from inception to end of life
- Develop and execute product go-to-market plans, coordinating with multiple departments
- Develop sales & marketing tools, including product collateral, presentations, competitive analysis, videos and articles
- Support the field with product training, customer presentations, conferences & exhibitions and webinars
- Cultivate and manage relationships with technology and integration partners
- 5+ years of product management experience with a record of successfully building and launching B2B software, SDKs or middleware products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or an equivalent discipline. An MBA is nice to have.
- You have experience in gathering, translating and prioritizing customer requirements and defining product roadmaps. You have managed user studies and early access programs.
- You have hands-on product development experience and a solid technical background in at least one of these areas: Industrial IoT platforms; distributed systems; computer networking; real-time or embedded systems; network security
- You know how to create, compile and debug a HelloWorld application, and are comfortable demoing capabilities of an SDK to software developers.
- You have experience working with engineering teams on project management, software estimation and issue tracking. You’ve used Jira, Rally or similar.
- You have excellent organization, communication and presentation skills. You are comfortable presenting the product and its technical capabilities to the field teams, to customers, at large conferences, and to analysts.
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) matching and LPP grants.
We seek people who share the company's values of education, extraordinary commitment to employees, technology, customers and the pursuit of excellence.
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.