The Document Control Specialist is responsible for intake of collateral received, prepping modifications, tracking trailing docs, ordering from/submitting to offsite storage, scanning collateral, and returning files to the custodian
The Document Control Specialist reports to the Document Control Supervisor; must develop strong working relationships with direct reports, key stakeholders, vendors, custodians, investors, co-workers, and customers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Read incoming documents in order to determine how and where they should be classified or filed
- Prepare all documents received to ensure they are ready to be place through the scanner
- File documents in appropriate filing locations and create accurate manifests
- Scan documents into imaging repository system
- Ensure all original documentation is tracked
- Redact documents if required for audit
- Request documentation from offsite storage
- Return documentation to appropriate document custodian upon request
- Knowledge of mortgage servicing documents
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills, identify issues and concerns and participate in solutions
- Able to multitask
- Relentless pursuit of “world class service”, both internally and externally
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills; detail- and accuracy-oriented
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Able to adapt to change
- Able to work under strict deadlines and to meet/exceed deadlines
- Able to understand and prioritize tasks according to urgency
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.