The Loan Concierge is responsible for all customer contact throughout the new loan processing, underwriting and settlement process.
The Loan Concierge reports to Loan Concierge Supervisor and must develop strong working relationships with customers, key process stakeholders and co-workers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Building and fostering a rapport with the customer.
- Provide customers with clear and detailed loan status updates and next steps throughout the Loan Processing, Underwriting and settlement processes.
- Communicate with customers clearly and professionally via telephone, email.
- Obtain documentation from the customer and other parties to complete the loan application or fulfill Loan Underwriter conditions.
- Review and analyze customer credit and financial supporting documentation. Such documentation includes, but is not limited to: credit reports, fraud report, paystubs, benefit award letters, personal and business tax returns and asset statements.
- Review both property and loan collateral documents. Such documents includes, but is not limited to: property valuation and title reports, original Note and/or Deed of Trust/mortgage.
- Understand FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA loan program requirements.
- Have an excellent understanding of applicable Fair Lending, TRID and other Federal and State laws and regulations and applicable required notices.
- Will not negotiate any loan term(s) with a customer and/or third party.
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to quality work and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 -5 years’ experience new mortgage origination required.
- Mortgage Call Center experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ellie Mae Encompass experience preferred
- Strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving goals
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present.