Maintains the quality and accuracy of loan servicing data, driving the customer (borrower, client, payee and internal customer) experience with loans under service with RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation, and minimizing the risk of damage, default, foreclosure, and repossession by ensuring timely and accurate payments for items under escrow and monitoring for non-escrow accounts. Individual must be able to work with minimum supervision.
The Mortgage Insurance Specialist reports to the Escrow Supervisor and must develop strong working relationships with vendors, investors, co-workers, customers, and key stakeholders.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify and resolve mortgage insurance and escrow exceptions.
- Process disbursements on or before the renewal/due/penalty date.
- Research and resolve mortgage insurance issues.
- Maintain payee headers.
- Work with vendors to monitor escrow and non-escrow loans.
- Prepare exception reports and resolve exception items.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of mortgage insurance payments.
- Maintain consistent attendance record to ensure fulfillment of essential functions.
- Perform all duties in accordance with RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing policies and procedures, investor requirements, and all state and federal regulations.
- Display professional customer service skills, creating an acceptable level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer service to payees, investors and borrowers concerning mortgage insurance status.
- Identify trends affecting efficiency, quality, and accuracy of escrow administration processes and recommend action plans to improve future performance.
- Communicate with vendors regarding exceptions to identify and resolve issues and trends.
- Identify potential issues or concerns and participate in a solution, including recommending and developing new policies and procedures.
- Subject to complete other duties as assigned.
- Incumbent will be responsible for meeting RoundPoint’s commitment to compliance.
- 1+ years mortgage servicing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage servicing documents and processes, particularly those related to escrow administration.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state regulations and investor requirements related to escrow administration.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Accounting and math skills.
- Ability to create and analyze portfolio data reports for management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Mortgage servicing application knowledge, preferably with Fidelity LPS.
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance payments escrow disbursements.
- Professionalism and ability to interface with upper management.
- Problem-solving skills, identify issues and concerns and participate in solutions.
- Ability to multitask
- Relentless pursuit of “world class service”, both internally and externally.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills; detail- and accuracy-oriented.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to adapt to change.
- Able to work under strict deadlines and to meet/exceed deadlines.
- Able to understand and prioritize tasks according to urgency.
Ad hoc reporting and trend analysis skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee is required to sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee must regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; the employee may occasionally climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and no extreme conditions are present